The MAGIC project has selected the six awareness raising campaigns that will be implemented in Spain and Belgium in the upcoming months.
Campaigns in Belgium:
- Frauenliga, La via féminine: the aim of the campaign is to create a short film about anti-Muslim racism which will focus on the situations that Muslim women face in their day-to-day lives.
- KARAMAH EU – Muslim Women for Human Rights: the objective of the campaign is to create a podcast to address the harmful discourses that Muslim women are subjected to.
Campaigns in Spain:
- Amigos de Europa: this initiative pursues to publicise the figure of Muslim women who have contributed great things to society and have broken stereotypes through a radio program.
- La Xixa: this theater company will design a play the purpose of which is to bring attention towards the spaces where gendered-Islamphobia occurs in the Spanish society.
- Asociación G-CHIME (Elche): this campaign plans to perform a social experiment to make evident the great issue that gendered Islamophobia is to the general public, and then it will use this material to train journalists on the matter.
- Asociación Estudiantes Musulmanes: with the production of a video for social media titled “redirecting glances”, the campaign aims to raise awareness, re-educate and deconstruct prejudices tied to Muslim women.